Happy New Year, my sweet friends! Can you believe the first week of 2016 is officially over?
I almost didn't want to take the Christmas tree down this year. It was the last piece to go.
We waited until mid-December before choosing a tree this year, because we are tired of sad, crispy trees on Christmas Day. But this lovely girl was still green and lush and beautiful on New Year's Day. It was a shame to take her to the curb to await her demise.
I do love the open, airy, clean feeling of an uncluttered living room, though. Although we are in need of a tiny bit of sparkle and glow around here to take the place of the tree.
Just maybe not something 7 feet tall. ;)
Have a gorgeous weekend, my friends!
My lovely friend Bree sends the most wonderful emails out on Fridays. She calls them Friday Happy Mail. I look forward to reading them every week. I have wanted to do a weekly list here on my blog for years now, and one of my goals for 2016 is to blog seriously and regularly. So maybe with this fresh start that is the new year, I'll be able to keep this feature up! I'm a researcher and a sharer by nature (INFP all the way), so this is super fun for me.
Here goes Volume No. 1 of Weekend Loves!
- The only Christmas tree I like better than my own is this one. Because it's dreamy.
- I received this gorgeous bag for Christmas and I am smitten with it. It is so well made, and I've gotten several compliments on it already. I really love that it was handmade by a woman who has been given grace and a second chance. Read this company's story. It's pretty amazing and definitely a company I'd like to support. I have my eye on this wallet next.
- It's been 6 years since I wrote this article. And the calling out still happens, times three now. Can you relate?
- An organized workspace. And my goal for this weekend.
- I'm a paper planner gal. I just can't get into an online calendar no matter how hard I try. I bought both of these planners this year and I cannot decide which one to use. Parker's teacher says "over-analysis leads to paralysis," and it's so true... I haven't written in either one of them yet! I've used the Day Designer for 3 years straight, and have absolutely loved it, but was super tempted by the Simplified Planner. What do you use to plan out your days?
- This beautiful invention is my sanity saver every single day. I'm even starting to dislike coffee from anywhere but my own kitchen these days. And the slowness of the routine is just what I need to reset during the morning rush. How do you take your coffee? Are you a slow-pour coffee drinker or do you like your coffee fast and NOW?
- My beautiful friend Angie is fixing up a very special dollhouse for her daughter, Quinn. She has a sewing/art room and everything! Make sure you read her story; it will tug your heartstrings. (And watch for a collaboration and very special project with Quinn and Co. here on the blog very soon!)
- What to say when your kid gets busted. Awesome as always.
- My friend Haley (and my first hairstylist when I moved to Florida) has released a book / series of workouts for moms and their children, to help regulate emotions and lift your mood. Here is her news feature from yesterday -- so excited for her! Definitely a great thing for a busy mama.
- Dark chocolate peanut butter smoothie bowl? Oh I think I'll be trying this tomorrow.
- Four habits for an uncluttered home. Yes please. Currently my "outbox" is the entire garage.
Did you find anything fun in my list? Let me know which was your favorite, and which idea or product or perspective you're going to try.
That's it for this week. Make some memories with the ones you love most this weekend!